Saturday, September 1, 2007

My first Blog

Hey everyone,

Greetings from the Michigan Rogers! Ok so I am attempting this to see if I have any computer savy in me. I guess I can tell you about our vacation we took to Silver Lake Michigan. Fun place to go; we rented a 3 bedroom cabin by Silver Lake and had a lot of fun. Despite that fact I seem to pick the only week all summer were it decided to rain practially everyday. We still managed to have fun. The cabin had a canoe for our use, and four bikes which was great because Matthew and I did a lot of bike riding. I took the boys out for a conoe ride, but picked a really winding day to do this. I was being over confidant and hey I grew up on a lake and have canoed a lot in my day felt everything would be just fine. Well canoeing works better with two people especially on a very winding day. I gave it my best and worked my arms hard but, in the end was getting rather nervous because we were drifting farther and farther away from the beach I had started from. So trying not to scare the boys I just told Matthew to say of prayer for us so I could get us back safely. Well it helped not in the way of suddenly giving me super strength to get us back but a level head to realise what I had to do. The lake was very shallow and the spirit told me if I was every going to get back I needed to get out of the boat and pull my boys back to the shore. So I did, it was a long way but hey did I every get a work out from walking in the water. Blake was obvious to any danger but, Matthew clued into my worry. We had fun though. Also by this lake are huge sand dunes that you can drive on. So we rented dune buggies and did the dune experience. It was a lot of fun but it rain the whole time we were on the dunes. The place we rented the dune buggies from had to finally come and get us because it was ok to drive if raining but not if their is lighting. I think the boys had fun but were ready to be done when they got us. We also went on a Jeep tour that was my favorite. We had a tour guide in a Jeep driving in front of us. Scott was in a Jeep with the boys and I was a in a Jeep with my Grandma. It was a lot of fun we went on all these backroad trails that had lots of mud,dips, steep hills, huge bumps and holes it was so much fun and I am amazed what Jeeps in 4 wheel drive can do. We also swam in Lake Michigan that had as big of waves as the ocean we swam in in Texas. Sorry Marie and Josh but Lake Michigan water was so much cleaner it was crystal clear. You could see what you were walking on; oh but so much colder. Anyway Scott got to use his windsurfer for the first time. He tried it on Silver Lake then on Lake Michigan. He got lots of bruises and found out just how hard it is to windsurf but, I think he had fun. All in all it was a good vacation lots of fresh air which I love. Nothing much else to share except that after a long and gruelling summer of court dates and heart aches Blake should be offically our son by hopefully the end of this month. Were shooting for I guess September 28 to take him to the Temple. I am looking forward to it.

3 comments:

The Hollemans said...

Hey Michelle great job blogging, who knew it could be so fun right? Sounds like a fun and adventure filled trip. Glad that even through all the heart ache this summer, soon it will be officially over and Blake can be sealed to you. What a blessing. Love ya guys

dr. clint said...

Thanks for sharing the stories!

I want to go windsurfing.

Rebecca said...

I was so glad to hear you were taking a vacation - I bet it made even more fun to have the court proceedings out of the way. I'm glad the lake was shallow - what an adventure. We'll be thinking of you on the 28th!