Sunday, September 2, 2007

spiritual thought

Ok I am going to get spiritual on you for a moment. My Relief Society President in our ward shared a inspired lesson with us today. She wants her focus this next year and now to be on what we do for others, how we serve them. She shared a story today about her cousin. He was a guard at a prision I don't remember where but while he was tranporting this prisioner to the hospital the prisioner stole his gun and shot her cousin to dealth. She talked about his funeral and how there was not only hundreds and hundreds of people who attended, but they had a special salute for him with helicopters flying overhead. Also the mayor himself went to this mans family with his personal sorry for their loss. What was the most amazing part was the prisioners at the prision he worked at. They took up a special collection for the family and the families of the prisioners wrote letters to her cousins family of how special he was because he was always kind to the prisioners asking if they needed a extra blanket, if he need to turn up the heat for them, or just how they were doing. It meant a lot to them how he treated their family member in prison. He treated them liked a human being. His dealth was not a heros death of saving hundreds of people or something like that but, he died a very special person for how he treated others and made them feel. It made me stop and think real hard how do I treat others and if I am treating everyone with kindness and love. I just thought I would share that with you because it touched me so much today. I want to be a person that people honestly say she was kind always to others and made them feel good about themselves.

2 comments:

The Hollemans said...

Thanks for leaving such a personal and sweet message, its a good reminder, and I know Im glad to have read it.
Also if you want to know how to post pictures you click on the icon that looks like a landscape or mountains and it will bring up a window you click browse and find where your pictures are, usually in my doc, my pics, then you can click if you want more pictures as well. Then just click submit or whatever the big button says, I cant remember right now, maybe it says add, anyways good luck with that. The icon next to that is for movies, Im not sure if anyone saw the first post but it has a video of Rylan in it.

Anonymous said...

I also think that is a good reminder of how we need to be trying to make all actions consistent with the principle of charity. I know my life would probably run much smoother if I could always act & respond with charity.