Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to School


Matthew waiting for Blake's bus to get home from school; Blake coming off the bus.




Blake's first day of school.

Blake started all day Kindergarten this year, it was exciting for him. He has the same teacher Matthew had for Kindergarten (which Matthew was excited for Blake to get). He is doing good and I am excited for him to learn lots of new things.






Matthew started Middle School this year Yikes!!!! Matthew was very prepared for his first day. His school had a transition day where we learned rules, got his schedule and his locker number and combination. On his way to the transition Matthew said, "Mom I am excited but, I am so nervous I want to puke too." I told him I am very nervous too and want to puke for him. The transition went well and he soon master the art of opening his own locker. Soon he was getting very excited. His first day of school went well and he was very excited for it, he saw lots of friends that went to Haggerty Elementary and of course being Matthew and making friends easy he said he made lots of new friends. I hope I have being teaching him well the gospel because these are the tough years of learning to stand up for what you believe. We study the Book of Mormon together this summer and I also study with the boys in the new Missionary Handbook its great learning tool. We had some really great gospel discussions this summer.
Now that both boys are in school all day I have lots of time on my hands. I plan on getting lots of projects done, I have lots of painting to do in the house. Matthew decided he wanted his bedroom to have a change so I have been busy helping him with that. I also wrote two children's books this summer and am going to work hard to get them published. Hopefully they will get in print and maybe I can read them to Blake's class someday. That would be really cool.










2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, it sounds like things are going well for your family. I'm impressed that you've written two children's books. I'm taking a course to help me improve my writing skills to write children's literature. Mostly I think it's been helping me to write articles for magazines. I think one of my talents is proofreading (at least other people's work). So if you would like someone to look over your books before you send it into the publisher, I would be honored if you would let me look at them.

dr. clint said...

yep - i'm glad you are doing that too, writing children's books - so it gets me to remember that i still need to work on that one that marie and i worked on earlier!