Monday, May 26, 2008

Favorite Memories from Florida

I miss being with everyone already! Eliah woke up sad this morning that everyone was gone, and I knew exactly how she felt.

In memory of how much fun we had, I created a list of a few of the funny memories and quotes that I could remember. Do you have any you would like to add?

10 "I have a secret. Let me whisper in your ear. Knock knock - Who's there? - Why did the banana go to the doctor? - Because he wanted to go to the doctor." (Jayden)

9 Funny kid moments:

  • “My name is Jenny!” and “When I go on a mission, I want to live with you.” (Eliah)
  • “Mom, did you know that Sparta and Athens are city-states, like Washington DC is a city state.” (Jeremiah)
  • “My teacher limited the amount of questions that I can ask in class.” (Matthew)
  • Brayton’s book – and his collecting of invalid fastpass cards.
  • “Then Brayton heard the most terrifying sound…” “meep meep” (During the telling of the story "Why Brayton was afraid of Loch-ness turtle")
  • Eliah was kindly brushing my leg hair, which it badly needed as I hadn't done it for years - then later she was brushing my Gerald’s chest hair too!
  • Blake cuddling up and telling me “I love you.” And my reply “I love you too.” Me telling Eliah “I love you.” And her reply “I love juice.”
  • Craig finding Alexander hiding in the closet, stuffing his mouth full of pez.
  • T.J. seeing Gerald driving in front of us, “Dad, that is a dirty car, huh?” “Yep T.J.” “Need a wash, huh dad?” Also – him being excited any time he saw a race car.
  • Not this trip, but still a great memory – (Playing balderdash – reading about a certain date: “This was the day when the biggest earthquake in California’s history happened in Texas.” (Shaelyn)

8 “But mom, can I please do my homework?” (“Homework Goody Rogers.” aka Jeremiah)

7 Immediately following Ashlyn’s genii dance performance, Jayden gave another kind of a show by making a naked streak across the room to get his swim suit on, according to his mom’s promise.

6 Josh’s love of mermaids – and so after the choreographed Little Mermaid dance number by Cassie and Ashlyn – he got a little too excited and decided to jump in with all his clothes on and two phones in his pocket.

5 “Please make an illegal u-turn as soon as possible." (Magellan - the auto navigation system)

4 “Angi, you know what you said about cows earlier? Did you mean it?” (Clint)

3 “Scott is kind of like the underdog because no one ever expects him to win.” "That's the nice thing about being you, Scott." "Yeah - it is easy to exceed people's expectations"

2 “I didn't know you were on a first-name basis with Billy Satan.” (Craig to Jon)

1 Putting at the end of every sentence, “...if you know what I mean!”

Then I love the comment dad made when I asked him how he was enjoying the trip. He talked about having all kids gather - and just hearing them laughing and playing: "I just thought, this is heaven."


What do you think? Do you have any you would like to add?

1 comment:

The Hollemans said...

Great list, Love it. Miss you guys too.